Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gone Girl

Title: Gone Girl
Publisher: Crown Publishing Group
Pub Date:  June 5 Th, 2012
Author: Gillian Flynn
Received From: NetGalley

Gone Girl


On the morning of their fifth wedding anniversary, Nick's wife, Amy, has disappeared. Nick is weak, Nick is a liar, and maybe he's not the very best of husbands--but is he a killer? Amy's diary reveals turmoil over their marriage, strange sicknesses, and her deep wish to be a mother--but is she telling the whole story? As the evidence slowly mounts, and the cops' investigation deepens, Nick is incriminated in horrible ways. Nick swears he didn't murder his beautiful wife and goes on the offensive to clear his name...only to learn that something may have happened more disturbing than death.

The terrifying masterpiece of a marriage gone wrong, Gillian Flynn's fast-paced, dark, and ingeniously plotted Gone Girl confirms her status as one of the hottest thriller novelists around.


Oh holy cow! I am so not a suspense novel person, I don't like to be scared and I cover my eyes in movies all the time. Something about this book intrigued me and I loved every minute of it. Nick as a character gave me all I ever need in a book, I loved and hated him, I sympathized with him and wanted to strangle him. the only flaw I found in his part of the book was his sister. her character felt flat as a pancake to me. I would have liked to see a male friend by his side through this story!


As we learned about the life of Amy I spent time imagining how I'd handle life in her shoes, would I make the same choices? what in her life lead her to be this way? One of the most profound pieces I took from this is a bit of fear of sharing my kids and their lives online. I mean Amy's parents were Authors who wrote a series of kids books about her life...It may have just cautioned me a bit!! 
If you pick up any kind of a suspenseful book this year, make sure it is Gone Girl!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment