Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Slipping Reality

Title: Slipping Reality
Publisher: AuthorHouse
Pub Date: July 14th 2011
Author: Emily Beaver
Received From: NetGalley 




Slipping Reality


In a time of hardship and heartbreak, sometimes, reality just isn't enough. Slipping Reality is the story of fourteen-year-old Katelyn Emerson, who, when faced with the glaring reality of her brother's illness, rebels against the truth by slipping away into the depths of her own imagination. There, she finds the kind of support and comfort she feels she deserves. There, she does not have to feel so alone. And yet, as Katelyn's grasp on reality begins to unravel, so too does the story of a girl who grew up too fast and fell apart too soon. Emily Beaver's debut novel is a coming of age story that deals with the trials of young grief, insight, and growth where it's least expected.


WOW, this was one interesting book. I have often found myself daydreaming about how things in my life might be different, relationships when I was younger. Marriage and parenthood when that time came etc. But I've never seen it quite like Emily Beaver describes it. The depth of characters in the book is so intriguing. I felt for Katelyn with the life at home concentrating on her brother and his illness. I understood the bond of friendship she shared with each of the friends she had in her life, Lauren, Tristan and Cedric.  The description of the book mentions that the main character grew up to fast and fell apart too soon, I would agree on the growing up but having lived through some loss in my life I never felt like she fell apart, I just felt like she was living the best that she could!I was ultimately drawn to one side of the life of Katelyn more than the other. I don't want to give away too much but I will say this is a must read book! The best news it is already out so you don't have to wait to get your hands on it!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment