Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Meet Holly Durst- Author of Chocolate Socks












Cassie and I had the opportunity today to chat with Holly Durst, she is just one of the sweetest ladies ever and Cassie was so excited. Before our interview she came up with her questions. I was explaining to her father who we were interviewing, and Cassie overheard the Bachelor run down so I had to limit her to just one wedding related question. My girl may just love weddings more than books!








Without further ado, here is our interview with Holly!














Why did you call it Chocolate Socks? 
I call it Chocolate Socks because my two favorite things are Chocolate and Socks and I combined them in a book that encourages kids to take their two favorite things and make something of them.

What are your favorite socks?
 I wish you could see my sock draw, I have socks in every color and pattern  in there, but my favorite pair are a  really soft fuzzy pair that are pink!

What is your favorite chocolate treat?
 Ice cream. Chocolate ice cream. I love Ice Cream and I have to have chocolate every day

Are you going to have chocolate at your wedding?
 Of course! One of my cakes is chocolate.

What made you want to write Children’s Books? 
I went to college to be a school teacher, worked at daycare for 5 years. All my life I've been told that I am good with children. After a year and a half of college I decided I didn't want to be a teacher, but I still wanted to do something with kids, so I started writing children s books!

What were your favorite books as a young girl?
 Chicka Chicka Boom Boom was my favorite book. I read it in first grade and memorized it then read it aloud to my whole class.  Blake read it to me this week and was amazed that I could recite it all back.

You have another book, can you give us some idea what it is about?
 It's called I Miss You, When I moved from Ohio to California I had to leave behind my Nephew and the kids I worked with, so this book was written for them. 

Do you have any other books in the works?  
I have written some other books but at this time no production has started on them  One I’d really like to publish is called Dear Tooth Fairy, pretty perfect in my opinion since I am marrying a Dentist. 



You can find out more about Chocolate Socks and Holly here:

You can also purchase your own copy here!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment