Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Big Sisters are the Best

Title: Big Sisters are the Best
Publisher: Capstone
Pub Date:February 1st 2012
Author: Fran Manushkin
Received From: NetGalley

Big Sisters Are the Best

Becoming a big sister is an exciting time full of smiles, smells, hugs, and kisses. For ages 2-5.
Bringing a new baby into the home is a time of wonder and challenges. Author Fran Manushkin celebrates this special time with tales that emphasize that there is plenty of love for everyone, baby and all.
Also available by author Fran Manushkin: Big Brothers Are the Best.


(Reviewed by C)
I am a big sister and now my baby isn't so little but I remember when she was little. I used to help with her diapers, but she didn't drink bottles. This book will show other big sisters how to be good big sisters too. 

(Mom's Comments)
I enjoyed the premises of this book and the colors and illustrations were very good. Having introduced a baby to our house two years ago we read lots of big sister books. The one thing I found this book to be missing was the feeling that big sisters are just as loved as new babies. I really think that understanding is important. I also was not a huge fan of the babies drink bottles, as C pointed out our baby didn't take bottles. Not to turn this review into a pro-breastfeeding forum, but it may be best to emphasis that babies are fed differently, like snuggled in a chair while big sisters eat at a table! Overall I would say I'd give the book as a gift or recommend it to those about to have a big sister in their house, just knowing that parents can point out differences in families. 

Photobucket

1 comment: