Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Me@You.Com

Title: Me @ You.com
Publisher: Bold Strokes Books
Pub Date:1/27/2012
Author: KE Payne
Received From: Netgalley

Is it possible to fall in love with someone you’ve never met? Imogen Summers thinks so because it’s happened to her.

Immy is a normal eighteen-year-old, with a normal life, a normal family, and a normal boyfriend. But when she finds herself falling for a girl on an Internet message board, a girl she knows only as the mysterious Fickle, her so-called normal life is suddenly turned on its head.

As her relationship with Fickle develops into more than just friendship, Immy finds another message board friend, the sweet and lovely Freddie, the perfect person to confide in. But can Freddie stay out of it when she starts to fall for Immy herself? Things are about to get complicated...


I knew from the synopsis this book was going to carry me out of a zone I knew. Being that I myself am a heterosexual married mother of two, the life of a teenager is a fun one to re-visit in book. But that of a Lesbian teenager is a bit different. (Heck i just had to look up how to spell Heterosexual and Lesbian). When I started this book I immediately developed a caring mode toward out young Immy, who hasn't been unsure of themselves or their relationship as a young adult? It must be even harder when you not quite sure what your looking for. I applaud the author for making this book real, in the sense that Immy follows a path I have been know to to figure out if she is in the right relationship. Really what is it about relationships that makes people feel the need to dig in deeper to see if they are real. It would be nice it all relationships came with user guides wouldn't it! Anyway back to this story, I felt very relieved for the main character as she figured out what she wanted in life, sought it, shared it with her friends and ended in triumph! I hope that this book will be an eye opener to others who are just beginning the process of determining what they want from love!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog! This is great to see. I am not familiar with this book, and because of your review, I am adding it to my wish list.
    Thanks for taking the time to create this blog and post the review.

    ReplyDelete