Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Heart of Texas Series

Title: Heart of Texas Series
Publisher: Mira
Pub Date: 2007-2008
Author: Debbie Macomber
Received From: Purchased


Heart of Texas Vol. 1 Lonesome Cowboy/Texas Two-Step


Heart of Texas Vol. 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas

 

Heart Of Texas Vol. 3: Nell's Cowboy\Lone Star Baby


Have I said before that I love to read books that continue, to follow up with characters I've met and loved? If not this is your clue. I absolutely loved that about this set of books. In the first volume I was introduced to the main sets of characters Savannah and Laredo and Ellie and Glen. I loved hearing their stories, sharing in their struggles and watching their happily ever afters,  but I was also introduced to the characters I'd fall in love with throughout the series.  One of the things I love most in this set of books is the continuations. In the second and third books I still got to glimpse the lives of those four characters. As each story unfolded it contained arcs from the one before, the bad guy evolved and existed throughout and no story line was left untouched. It isn't often that I get to close a book feeling 100% like I am at peace with where the characters land and their lives are cut off from mine. I read these books as fast as I could wanting to be in their lives! Truly fantastic was the storytelling and growth and evolution of characters. If you like me love to follow your characters these are some great books for you to pick up!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment